Last Modified: December 8, 2015
2. Information Collection and Use
a. Personal Information
To use certain features of the App, you may be asked to provide information such as the name of your company, your name, password, e-mail address, postal code, phone number, mailing address, age, student status, or profession (collectively, “Personal Information”). We may also collect certain information that you provide when you contact us or voluntarily provide us with feedback.
b. Aggregate Information
Like most websites, we may track the total number of visitors, the number of visitors to each page of the Website, browser type, IP addresses, external websites linked to, as well as information related to your product interest, selection, and usage (collectively, “Aggregate Information”), and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be maintained, used, and disclosed in aggregate form only and it will not contain Personal Information.
c. Payment Data
When you purchase the Service, your credit card information and other financial data that we need to process your payment are collected and stored by third party payment processors, and we may collect some limited information, such as your postal code and details of your transaction history. These third parties generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and last four digits. The use of your data by our invoicing service provider is subject to its privacy policies.
d. Data Security Protocol
Confidential Information (as defined below) that you provide through the App will be subject to our data security protocol.
e. Confidential Information
“Confidential Information” means any and all information and material disclosed by you to us that is either clearly marked as confidential or which, under the circumstances, would reasonably be considered confidential.
- We (a) shall keep, and shall cause our representatives to keep, the Confidential Information confidential; (b) except as required by applicable law, regulation or legal process, and in that case only after compliance with Section 3 below, shall not disclose in any manner whatsoever, either in whole or in part, any Confidential Information or the fact that the Confidential Information exists or has been made available, other than to our representatives or your representatives or employees who need to receive such information for the purpose of providing the Services; and (c) shall not use, and shall cause its representatives not to use, the Confidential Information for any purpose other than in connection with the services provided via the App.
- Degree of Care. We shall use, and shall cause our representatives to use, the same degree of care to protect the confidentiality, and avoid the unauthorized disclosure, of your Confidential Information that we use to protect the confidentiality of our own confidential or proprietary information, but in no event less than a reasonable standard of care.
- Ownership of Confidential Information. We agree, on behalf of ourself and our representatives, that all Confidential Information acquired by or disclosed to us and our representatives shall be and remain your sole and exclusive property. Nothing herein shall be construed as granting any rights, by license or otherwise, with respect to any Confidential Information disclosed pursuant hereto, except the limited right to use the Confidential Information in accordance with the terms hereof.
- Return of Confidential Information. At any time upon your written request, we (a) shall promptly return, and shall cause our representatives to return, the Confidential Information without retaining any copies or other reproductions or extracts thereof; (b) shall destroy, and shall cause our representatives to destroy, all memoranda, notes, reports and documents, and all copies and other reproductions and extracts thereof, prepared by us or our representatives in connection with their review of the Confidential Information; and (c) shall provide to you a certificate of an authorized officer certifying to such return and/or destruction. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing herein shall require the alteration, modification, deletion or destruction of electronic back-up tapes made in the ordinary course of business, provided that Confidential Information contained therein shall remain subject to the confidentiality and non-use obligations set forth herein in accordance with the terms hereof.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information (as well as Aggregate Information and the data generated by cookies) to those employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available through the App, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. By using the App, you consent to the transfer of such information to such employees.
We may also disclose your Personal Information and/or payment information to the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us in providing our services to you. For example, we may provide your Personal Information to a credit card processing company to process your payment.
We will not otherwise sell or transfer your Personal Information to any company or organization (although we may do so with Aggregate Information as described below), except that we may transfer your Personal Information to a successor entity upon a merger, sale, consolidation, or other corporate reorganization to which the Company is a party.
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and sign off after having used the App. While we take reasonable data protection precautions, no security measures are completely effective, and we do not guarantee the security of user information at any time. We will not be liable for any breach of the security measures on the App or any loss, misuse, or alteration of information resulting therefrom or from communications through the Internet.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine The Light” law), California residents may request and obtain from us annually, free of charge, a list of any personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. We currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, but if you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: email@example.com or PO Box 4689, Greenwich, CT 06831